Nothing Gets Left Behind

I love theatre. I love performing. I love acting and singing. But sometimes reality checks made me think that I needed to leave all those beautiful things behind in high school. When I got to Holy Cross I was certain I would be double majoring in French and Political Science. Since then things have changed. I will be declaring Political Science and Theatre as a double major.

You’re probably wondering how I went from leaving it all behind to majoring in it. And let me tell you it was a big decision. The first semester, I made the decision to take a theatre class called Singing for the Broadway stage, thinking I would get it all out of my system. This class changed everything. I ended up auditioning and getting cast in the department musical Little Women and then became invested in continuing to pursue theatre.

What I’m trying to say with “nothing gets left behind” is that when you come to Holy Cross, you don’t have to quit doing things you love, because you think you won’t have the time or that you need to study something specific to get a job. Students at Holy Cross genuinely love what they study. They don’t just declare a major because it will help them in the future. They declare their majors because they are passionate about the material.

Studying theatre was the best decision I ever made. In fact, it gave me a built-in friend group, a loving community, and a chance to do what I love.

If you’re interested in theatre at Holy Cross feel free to ask any questions and come see Little Women this weekend.